|This Applet allows up to four players to jam together using
the Transjam Server.
The sound is generated using the JSyn
plugin which must be installed before using this Applet...
How to Login to Server
- Warning: Netscape will restart the Applet if you resize this window.
This will log you out. So please resize your window if necessary before
- Please wait for the Applet to load. It may take a minute to load if
you are using a voice modem. When you see the Login Window appear, then
it is ready for use...
- Enter your name or a nickname. Hit Login button...
- Create a new room, or enter an existing room if available...
Composition and Sound programming by Chris Brown.
Network Programming by Phil Burk
How to Play
- Click down in the "Eternal" window and drag the mouse;
notice how the X-Y position of the mouse chooses the two pitches that
alternate as part of your "voice"...
- Move the mouse at different speeds without dragging it (not
clicking down first); notice how the speed and position of the mouse
affect the modulations applied to your voice. ..
- You will know other players are playing when their circles move,
and you will also hear their voice changing...
- If there are less than four players playing, you can hit the 'n'
key to switch to the next voice; you should use this together
with the other players to tune the four voices into chords...
- Hit the space bar to toggle a voice on or off. The circle displays
as transparent, and its sound stops...
- Listen for different harmonies created by all four voices; you
don't have to move alot to enjoy the sound of this piece; try it
in the background while you do other work on the computer (it will continue
running while you open other windows or applications), and visit it
occassionally to retune the frequencies gradually !..